Monday, February 16, 2015

Ukraine Treaty Violated 139 Times Within First Day of Signing

Russia has for months on end been making a military offensive (which they claim is not their doing) for months on end. Their violent actions have displaced millions and killed thousands. Thankfully, an internationally brokered ceasefire was drawn up.

However, not as thankfully, within 24 hours of the ceasefire going into effect it was broken 129 times, according to Kiev resources.

The Pro-Russian rebels have stated that the Ukrainian authorities broke the ceasefire 27 of those 129 times. Within those 25 hours, 5 Ukrainian troops were killed and 25 were wounded. After the shelling continued, a Ukrainian military spokesman stated that they would not withdraw, considering that 112 shelling incidents is not a ceasefire.


Due to the concentration of the offensive on the city of Debaltseve has left up to 7,000 Ukrainian soldiers stranded and surrounded by separatists.


It is more than presumable that this is a legitimate issue that needs to be taken seriously by every government involved and otherwise.

That's all I have to say for today, but I'll be back tomorrow.

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." -Michael Altshuler 

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete