Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Brian Williams Suspended From NBC

Press credibility is a necessary part of journalism so that people can properly receive information in this era where information means so much to the public, after this so-called Information Revolution.

However, how is it that without a sense of honor toward journalism, and the ideal that they should be truthful in all that they report. The breach of integrity to the facts is something that could never be stood for. Or, in recent event's case, should never be stood for.

NBC host, Brain Williams, has now been suspended by the network without pay after his credibility has been completely trashed.

It all started when over twelve years ago, a much younger Brian Williams visited Iraq where a Chinook helicopter that was in front of the one carrying the newscaster was shot with a Rocket Propelled Grenade.

However, years later, on the Letterman show, Brian Williams said that two of the four helicopters he was in were shot at with RPG's and AK-47 fire.

Now, recently, the story transformed into the team's helicopter being shot down by an RPG and they had to be rescued by a mechanized platoon of the 3rd Army Division.

Over the past few days, more of Williams' stories have been uncovered as more inaccurate, such as his story of being mugged while selling Christmas trees and saving one (or two, depending on which story) puppy from a fire.

Brian Williams has disgraced the very idea of press credibility. Does he deserve another chance after such disgustingly fabricated "facts"? The simple answer is no. If Brian Williams cannot speak of his own life with 100% accuracy and integrity, how could anyone trust him on events like a bombing in Gaza, or a hostage situation in South Africa.

That's all I have to say today, but I'll be back tomorrow.

"I don't want to speak too despairingly of my generation (actually I do, we had a chance to change the world and opted for the Home Shopping Network instead)." -Stephen King

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete