Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Obama Requests Congressional Permission To Fight ISIL

The horrific cruelty that ISIL has imposed on civilians and middle-eastern military personnel since it gained the recent spotlight. More than often, the Islamic State has shown the world that it will thrust any vile that it can cling it's childish hands around.

Now, however, U.S. President Barack Obama has asked approval from Congress to authorize the use of military force in the war against ISIL. This request is the first of its kind by the president in over 13 years.

Yesterday, lawmakers received a draft for the Authorization of Military Force which would go into effect for a six month period. This proposal would limit the President's authority to wage any legitimate Military campaign and would not authorize "enduring offensive ground operations.
"The so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) poses a threat to the people and stability of Iraq, Syria, and the broader Middle East, and to U.S. national security. It threatens American personnel and facilities located in the region and is responsible for the deaths of U.S. citizens"
The Republicans in Congress said that the proposal did not give enough power to the president. John Boehner, the House leader, said that in order to defeat ISIL, the United States would need a comprehensive military strategy, not one that limits their options.

Although violence is a hard evil, sometimes, in order to protect much more innocent people, we must turn to fighting. ISIL has shown its enemies on several occasions that it is not willing to settle on non-violent measures. However, no matter how necessary, we must remember that war is an evil. It should never be taken lightly.

That's all I have to say today, but I'll be back tomorrow.

"We spend the first years of a child's life teaching it how to walk and talk and spend the rest teaching it to shut up and sit down." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete