Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Why We Should Not Parallel Muslims With Terrorism

We've all heard the phrase "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims" thrown around once and a while. This includes the time, of course, that Fox News Reporter and idiot-with-a-microphone, Brian Kilmeade, said it in a follow up discussion to an O'Reilly appearance on "The View".

It's an assumption that many people (not well educated on the matter) would assume, and often do. However, people may be surprised to find that those who have committed terrorist attacks in Europe and the U.S.

This is wild to assume, as the majority of people have been wildly mislead by the mainstream media. Then how many were religiously motivated? Recent statistics show that less than 2% of recent terror attacks were committed by Muslims. In fact, the large majority were committed by separatist groups according to the European Union Law Enforcement report on terrorism.

These groups are people such as France's FLNC, Greece's far-left Militant Popular Revolutionary Forces, and Italy's Anarchist group the FAI.

It is no mystery as to why we so rarely here of groups being responsible for incidents like these, especially when even the slightest hint that Anders Behring Breivik was a Christian terrorist, people were absolutely outraged, including, but not limited to, Fox's Bill O'Reilly.

What we should take from these statistics is that we are much too quick to paint a face onto extremism. These men who kill innocent people to try and press their values onto a people are not doing so in the name of an entire people. They're doing so out of ignorance and shallow thought.

We must remember that Muslims, often oppressed by uneducated stereotypes such as these, are often just as great of victims as anyone else involved.

That's all I have to say today, but I'll be back Monday.

"When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are broken." -Benjamin Disraeli

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete