Monday, January 5, 2015

What To Know About North Korean and America

There is not doubt that amongst the disputes over The Interview and the typical hatred speak between North Korea and the United States, there is a lot of confusion as to what exactly is going on.

First, America has recently issued all new sanctions against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, barring them from the U.S.'s financial system and entrance into the country. These are not the first of the sanctions, which also includes those that were placed due to the country's nuclear program.

So, some North Koreans believe that these sanctions give Kim Jong Un and his administration the ability to take less responsibility for its weak economy and its millions of starving citizens.

This shouldn't be particularly surprising to anyone as it has been made very clear the country will use all outside-events and, very particularly, sanctions placed against it to fuel its strong anti-American agenda and propaganda.

Regardless, we should all accept that these sanctions likely will not drastically hurt North Korea, who has been under sanctions for over a decade now.

The new sanctions target 10 North Korean government officials and 3 corporations, including Pyongyang's primary intelligence agency and arms dealer. However, it's unlikely the sanctions will greatly shake the North Korean's government soundness, as the tasks of those targeted will likely just be passed off to another corporation or individual.

However, we can all sleep soundly confident that this whole situation will likely not affect the situation between North and South Korea, who have been communicating back and forth more frequently in an attempt to strength ties between the two countries. 

The two nations have always had a very strong love-hate relationship which can maintain well-oiled communication while simultaneously sending hate speech and threats back and forth to each other.

That's all I have for today, but I'll be posting again tomorrow.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Friedrich Nietzcshe

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete