Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Boehner Back As Speaker of the House

The newly Republican-controlled Congress got off to a rather rocky start today when 24 case-and-file Republicans voted against John Boehner retaking the position of Speaker of the House.

There will always be 1 or 2 anti-conformists in most political situations, but for 24 Republicans to vote against what was assumedly the main choice amongst most Republicans shows some splintered loyalties in Congress.

This shows that, although the vast majority are still clinging to the leg of their mothers, there are floaters in Congress who are truly ready to make proper change. That can be assumed based on the fact that Boehmer has never practiced much above partisan hackery, especially as Speaker in his past two terms.

So maybe this does show that there is a small faction who desire to move toward a bipartisan system where both parties can actually work together in the desire for the best of the citizens. However, if that's the case they are still in the far minority of their party.

With numbers like having the most hated Congress ever, sitting at 11% approval rating from their constituents, but 96% re-election ratings, there is no doubt that the citizens desire for change to come. However, you don't make change with 96% re-election of the same people, so perhaps it's attributed to citizens desiring change but fearing to grasp it, or perhaps it's attributed to the majority of young people refusing to vote.

Whatever the case may be, this Congress has assured us they want to move forward, so we'd be smart to hold them accountable to that promise.

That's all I've got for today, but I'll be back again tomorrow.

"It's very important to actively seek out and listen very closely to negative feedback." -Elon Musk

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete