Sunday, October 19, 2014

No, It's Okay. The Education Of The Next Generation Isn't THAT Important...

It is becoming an undeniable fact in this country that we need a serious educational reform. Being a child in the public school system, I, like almost every child in this system, recognizes the need for active change in the education program.

Many people seem to want to blame the necessity for public education attention to Common Core. We like to blame every problem we have on President Obama, which often is illogical, but is still excusable in our society for whatever reason.

The fact is that schools have become about the teachers and less and less about the children. I'm sorry teachers, but that's not what is important!

The economy is hard, life is hard, but if you are ripping a hole of ignorance through the minds of the next generation, and getting paid to do it you need to be fired!

Speaking from personal experience, there are many teachers in my school alone who should have been fired years ago but instead scrape by and destroy the education of the students that come through their classes.

For example, I am in an elective Art History class at my school with a teacher who I have learned an exceeding amount from and I thoroughly enjoy his class and every lesson we have in it.

I would easily say that I've learned more in the half a semester I've been in his class than any regular history teacher throughout my entire K-12 education. He finds morals and lessons in his teachings and it is still thoroughly enjoyable.

Meanwhile, I am also enrolled in a default 11th Grade History class on American History from the Indian Revolution to the present. The amount of fascinating things that have happened in that time are infinite, but I along with my classmates are yet to learn a single thing in the class.

As a matter of fact, we used up about half an hour of class time having the teacher read us a love note she found on the floor and proceed to talk about it and make fun of the situation for 30 minutes. Then, in her 10th Grade History class, she wasted an entire day of class having her students write their own break-up love notes and reading them out loud to the class, only to further humiliate the students involved.

That teacher, who was only recently hired, has shown on many occasions her inability to teach her class and is practically undeserving to be called a teacher, since she doesn't teach.

Yet, the teacher will keep her job, most likely, for years to come and will only make the children's education hamper further and further.


Also, there are people trying to misshape the lessons to bend to the morals the overly-politically-correct government would have you learn.

For instance, just recently there has been an issue where a group of Colorado kids are now in a mode of civil disobedience over the fact their school board intended to change the AP History program to reflect more patriotism. For the record, we do not learn the most important historical and societal lessons from illustrations of America's successes. We learn from failure.


The ruling generations believe that throwing money at a wall will eventually solve the problem, but that is wrong. 



You must fix it from the inside out and actually learn to care about your children instead of only use them as political leverage.

To the kids of my generation, just remember that we have the power to change, and the power to make true ideological and physical progress.

All we have to do is have a little romance, and we can accomplish more than any group of people has in decades.

That's all for today, and I'll be back tomorrow with another post!

"Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Be not simply good; be good for something." -Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete