Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sometimes you have to take your stand.

First off, I'd like to start and say today's post will be a tad short. However, it will carry on!

If you haven't heard...... ISIS.

There are many states that are greatly affected tragically by the horrific groups actions, the most of which being Iraq and Syria. They aren't alone by any means, though. Another country unfortunately disturbed by the group, is the country of Turkey.

Turkey shares a near-400 kilometer border with the country of Syria which means any potential terrorists looking to sink their teeth in new territory likely couldn't keep their eyes off the area.

There was, however, a lack of action from the leading AK party lead to the sheer anger of millions of Kurdish citizens. The upset citizens are blaming the government for supporting the extremist Islamic organization and have, in turn, taken to the streets.

At least 8 protesters were killed and 32 were injured during the protests, which does not include ISIL supporters.

Pro-ISIL supporters also showed their sides via open-firing on some protesters and this escalation in violence has become an obviously undeniable fact.

Not only has ISIL supporters flexed their guns, but police in the country have shown no support for the protests either. They have already begun to use tear gas against the anti-ISIS protesters.

I will leave some pictures below via Revolution News who has done an excellent job covering the matter.







The thing to remember about protests like these is that, yes, people get hurt, and yes they tend to spawn hateful emotions, they are also necessary to express true passion for the beliefs these people have. Not only that, but it seems like we've reached a point where extreme outburst is the best, and often the only, way to gain the attention necessary to fix things like ISIL.

I'll be back tomorrow with another post! Goodbye until then!
"We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us." -The Joker

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete