Monday, October 20, 2014

Marijuana. The Root Of All Supposed Evil That Actually Doesn't Exist.

Marijuana legalization has been a very popular topic for the United States in the past few years, especially with the successful legalization in Colorado and Washington, with many states (and the District of Columbia) heading down the path as we speak.

Marijuana has, for a long time now, been known to not cause any real medical issues, and is known to relieve vast amounts of pain for even the most painful of diseases.

It has been used for thousands of years by humans and was outlawed based on government-controlled myths to bend the American public's opinion.

So why is it that Marijuana is still illegal, then? It has so many benefits to the public, with no real danger, so shouldn't this be a closed-case?

In truth, there's no solid grounding as to why. People are still worried it's addictive, has "no accepted medical use", and some older generations still associate the substance with oppressed minority groups, as it often was decades ago.

I, however, am a strong supporter for this movement for a vast number of reasons.

The first of those reasons is that I have, personally, seen the benefits of someone with crippling painful disease have their unimaginable suffering eased with the use of marijuana. 

That pain, which could not be helped by any amount of hydrocodone, oxycontin, and any other harmful, destructive drugs, could be helped by the use of a drug with no legitimate down-sides except that our noted elderly Congress (average age of 57 in the House and 63 in the Senate) refuses to accept that times have changed. Information about the legitimacy of Marijuana is now publicly available thanks to modern technology.

So why on earth would we not legalize Marijuana so a body of old people can keep from damning youth, if the consequences are unnecessary pain on innocent citizens.

It aggravates me to no end.

As well as that, the continued ignorance on the matter has brought to practice marijuana substitutes that are no where near as safe, but are actually legal and often sold in convenient stores. These kinds of products sent around 25,000 children to the hospital in 2011 alone.

Also, I do not ever support the continued tolerance of pure ignorance because it satisfies tradition. The fact is, over time we have accepted things as a society over time that are purely false, just because they have been passed down repetitively.

That is exactly what we have done with the criminalization of Marijuana.

So I ask my own state, like all states, to make Marijuana legal once and for all because it's what is right, it's what makes sense, and for once we could enforce a little more open mindedness in America.

That's all for today, I'll be back tomorrow with another post!

"It is forbidden to kill. Therefore, all murderers are punished, unless they kill in large numbers, and to the sound of a trumpet." -Voltaire

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete