Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Canadian Parliament And The Movement Towards Solutions

You might have heard, considering it was everywhere in the news, but yesterday there was a more-than-unfortunate incident in the Parliament of Canada.

At 9:52 gunfire erupted in the area of Parliament Hill and one guard was shot in the leg. Before long the Canadian Sergeant-at-Arms confronted the shooter and gave him a fatal shot to the chest.


That guy.

The RCMP was praised for their great response on removing the Prime Minister from the situation as soon as possible.

The Prime Minister later had this to say about the people responsible;

"They will have no safe haven. We will remain vigilant against those at home or abroad who wish to harm us." 

There are speculations as of now that this was an act of organized terrorism, however, as of now there is no stone-set evidence of this yet.

Shootings are always a terrible thing to see happen in the world, no matter where it is.

Tragic events like these, I do believe, should open way for serious and mature discussion amongst the people of every country, as well as my own, about what we should all do to prevent these things

We tried to install gun control, and that did not work. We tried to abolish gun control, and that did not work. We have tried to buff up police and their response, and that just created more problems.

It is time that we start to explore new ways of thinking about how to go about fixing this problem, because it's not going to stop. That would be purely against the nature of people.

It is pretty widely accepted that you cannot solve a problem with the same way of thinking that was used to create it.

So, what I ask is that we all keep an open mind about suggestions as to the solution of these problems, and not cross out any options in our minds, because then we will not be able to find an answer once and for all.

That's all god today, I'll be back tomorrow with another post!

"Politics is not about left versus right. It's about top versus bottom." -Jim Hightower

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete