Friday, November 7, 2014

I Don't Care About Politics. I Care About People.

So if you have paid attention to any politics, odds are that you know that the GOP (Grand Ole' Party, or the Republican Party) has now taken control of both the House of Representatives and and the Senate.

Boehner had this to say in his press conference on Thursday;
“The fact is my job is listen to my members and listen to the American people,”
Here's the thing about that Papa Bear, a record high of 42% of Americans identified as Independent as of 2013 and Republican identification fell to 25%.

I wouldn't be so quick to say you're the voice of America if you're putting every effort of your territory to suing the president and rolling back a health care bill, when 75% of America cannot bring themselves to identify to your policies.

Not that I have anything against Boehner and his crew, but I am pro-progress to the highest degree, and Conservatism, by definition, is ideally anti-progress (very simplified of course. Never take my word as law, you should always do your own research.).

Also, I genuinely disagree with many of the affairs that both sides of congress are taking part in, such as the mass-funding of politicians by corporations. Neither primary party is innocent of this, but the concept is a Republican supported ideology.

What's wrong with corporations giving money to politicians? Well, let's look at it this way. As of now, there are many strong opinions being thrown around about the censorship of Internet and information due to cable companies desire to change the way Americans' receive their Internet.

Now, let's say AT&T provides massive amounts of money to the campaigns of half the politicians involved in the voting of bills related to this very pressing issue? Suddenly, we don't live in a democracy, we live in an oligarchy.

That's not what was set up for us over 200 years ago.

So, the Republicans want to show that they can take this country in a positive direction, then I will give them an absolute fair chance to do so. Do I have confidence in the next 2 years of partisan, super-one-sided rule? No.

They have already made it clear their first priority is going to be the roll-back of Obamacare. Do I think Obamacare is a good system? Not quite, no. However, I do believe there are many more pressing issues for Congress to handle than this bill.

How about the IRS scandal that affected your supporter's tax-cuts? The IRS claimed the six involved hard drives "crashed". However, you can still retrieve data from crashed hard drives, so that's okay! No, because afterward they burned the hard drives. They destroyed them.

Just to be clear, you have better odds to win the Florida lottery 342 times consecutively than all six of those hard drives crashing within the month the IRS was under investigation.

There's no transparency, too much censorship, people are living in poverty, and while you keep the rich people happy and the poor angry, you insist you speak on behalf of America? No.

If you want to be respected as a party, or any authority figure what-so-ever deal with the real problems at hand, not a revenge rollback on a bill you didn't want to pass when you were out of power.

If you say the system is broken, you're wrong. The system's not broken.

It was made this way. It's our job as Americans to fix it.

That's all I've got for today, but I'll be back Monday with another post.

"If you're really success at bullshitting, it means you're not hanging around enough people smarter than you." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete