Wednesday, November 19, 2014

4,000,000 New Americans. Now What?

Today, in America, President Barack Obama will use executive action in order to progress immediate immigration reform.

This act will shield the parents of 4,000,000 "Dreamers" living in the United States. Dreamers are mass groups of teenagers and young adults, who are legal citizens to the United States. However, their parents were illegal immigrants out of Mexico or Central America.

This act from the President has got some extremely harsh backlash for instituting this new order, and it isn't surprising.

See, there is a dying need for immediate immigration reform, and that has been more and more apparent to the American public recently.

However, it is also notable that the President is likely stepping out of his legal boundaries by passing an Executive Order that fabricates an entirely new law.

We have arrived at a political crossroads, where both sides are wrong, and both paths lead straight to destruction, but we still have to pick one. And we have decided to base our decision off what lines the pockets of politics more.

So this is something I cannot find an immediate answer for. Although the president has taken a controversial approach, we cannot ignore these people's cries for help.

So I ask that you find it in you to determine your own answer. You see, we must be a nation of educated people. We must be thinkers, and philosophers. We must understand, and not blindly follow, or else we're wasting our breaths.

That's all I have for today, but I'll be back tomorrow with a new post.

"Those who are heartless once cared too much." -Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete