Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Boots On The Ground

With Veteran's Day come and gone, there is an undeniable, and minorly over-dramaticized state of patriotism throughout the union.

We spend Veteran's Day thinking of the soldiers who have died in war fighting on the side of America. We make them heroes, and we honor them in every way we, as a country, can do. There's nothing wrong with that, of course.

You see, America currently spends more than any other country in the world on it's military than the next 8 countries do combined.

We throw our troops into battle for any reason that we see fit, and have tricked our citizens that we do it all in the name of global democracy, when it's more commonly in economic benefit for America.

We thank the troops, but are quick to destroy any veteran's benefits bills if it calls for any personal sacrifice from the American people, or goes against any partisan belief. They won't reform the Veteran's Affairs, and they lie to us about our wars.

So if we really care about our veteran's, a good way to show it is by not making more.

America has recently sent an additional 1500 ground troops into the Middle East to combat ISIL, which as of the moment hasn't seemed entirely necessary considering the previously agreed-upon bombing campaign by multiple countries.

So, do I support our troops? Yes, I do. It is the men that are sending them into battle on false pretenses, lying to them, and refusing to help them I do not support.

You do not have to support a battle to support the people who fought it. I do not support high-militarism, I do not support corporate and political deceit, and I do not support the terrorizing of innocent people in the benefit of a better economy.

That's all I have for you today, I'll be back tomorrow with another post!

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state become the people." -Admiral William Adams

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete