Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Short and Sweet Today.

Today's post won't be very long as a result of many huge tests coming up for me, but I'm going to go over a few quick headlines.

First, the CIA's torture report is now out for the public, which I highly suggest people take a look at. There is a large amount of vital information for the public in it, and much of it reveals that we have been lied to repetitively. Yesterday and anonymous wikipedia user with an IP address registered to the US Senate tried to remove the word "torture" from an article on the Committee's report.

Second, protests have sparked up in DC recently when Congress upended the process of Marijuana Legalization that appeared to be well on its way. The public opinion of this decision shows the shift in perspective on pot in the United States.

Third, TIME Magazine voted all those fighting the Ebola disease as Person of the Year. I very much agree with their choosing of these people, as they are some of the bravest of any of us for standing up, not to other humans, but to something with no moral compass or empathy: a horrific disease. Compared to the other choices (Taylor Swift, Vladimir Putin, and Roger Goodell) who were much less deserving, this was clearly the best choice.

I apologize for the lack of writing today, but I am in cram mode for Mid-Terms and other tests. Thank you for the cooperation. I'll be back again tomorrow.

"You don't have to live forever, you just have to live." -Natalie Babbitt


1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete