Thursday, December 4, 2014

A 20 Year Old Boy Dies In Ferguson, When Will There Be Peace?

The Michael Brown incident has struck deep in the heart of citizens and has shocked much of the nation into wondering what it is we should do about our police system. However, even though there had been no deaths throughout the harsh protests, there will now forever be an asterisk next to the event's description.

On the morning following the Michael Brown case's jury decision, the body of one Deandre Joshua (age 20) was found inside a burned white Pontiac. Investigation lead police to find there was accelerant poured over the body before it was burned, making it clear this was not any sort of accident, and he was in fact murdered.

Initially, people suspected that Deandre had been the secret witness for the trial on behalf of Michael Brown, which would have, of course, been much more spark-worthy. However, the boy's parents dispelled the rumors and told reporters that their son had no part in the case or the protests following the ruling.

His only link to the case was that he was childhood friends with one of the open witnesses for Michael Brown's case.

Regardless, this entire situation is very suspicious, and no doubt only adds to the story as one that will be burned into the minds of Americans forever. Although this situation has been horribly traumatic for many of those involved, including but not limited to the families of Michael and Deandre.

What we should all pull from this, is that we as Americans, no matter what the case is, still have inherently different lives based on race. Even though this kind of problem should have been wiped years ago, we are only recently truly attempting to bridge that gap. It is no easy task, and it will be a long road, but the end justifies the means.

I would not want any child of mind growing up in a country where he cannot socially relate to any African-American friends he has because we stopped trying to make change. This has to happen. There is no alternative.

That's all I have for today, but I'll be back again tomorrow with another post.

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism, or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?" -Mahatma Ghandi

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete