Monday, March 2, 2015

Top Hamas General Says Group Is Preparing For War With Israel


The media world is more than uncomfortably aware of the Palestinian (Hamas-ruled) - Israel feud that has raged on since the 1940s. Although it is not particularly uncommon for a people to hate Israel (*cough* Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Iraq *cough*), Palestine has always been one of the most frequent and brutal subjects for Israel's Public Relations.

However, in a rather uncommon act of public appearance, the leader of Hamas's military wing, Marwan Issa, has stated that they are actively stockpiling missiles in the event of a military confrontation with Israel.
"We are not seeking confrontation with Israel, but we continue to strengthen our capabilities by producing more rockets” he said, and assured participants that “Israel’s statements on this matter are of no interest to us.”
This statement came following questions regarding Hamas's recent testing of rockets by firing them into the Mediterranean Sea. Hamas stated that they were looking for regional alliances that would assist them in building their defenses, but warned it would not align itself with any group or country.

This attitude of Hamas's presents further (likely) isolation and social issues for the citizens of Palestine, beyond the hardships which they have already suffered from Israeli force, social outcast, and, well, being ruled by a terrorist organization.

That's all I have to say today, but I'll be back tomorrow.

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of a cancer cell." -Edward Abbey

1 comment:

  1. I'm young high school student on 61 Broadway #2825, New York, NY 10006. I have had problems with my sexuality, gender identity, and place in society. However, even though with these problems, I have still manage to follow this courageous blog. You have inspire to come out to the world and express my inner-Bruce Jenner. That was for humorous effect. You are my muse, flame, and inspiration. I adore you and when I finally "bat" for the other "team". (By that mean switching gender identities) I will find you and express my true desires to you.
    (P.S. I sorry for the grammar, I have too much feelings for you.)

    ReplyDelete